Rules | Entry Form | Flyer | Sponsors | Prizes
Calling all students, artists, photographers and creative minds! We want YOU to use your creativity to express how United Way is changing lives in Volusia and Flagler Counties by entering the first United Way of Volusia-Flagler Counties Poster Contest.
This year's theme: "Making a Difference In Our Community"
The winning poster(s) may be featured as UWVFC’s Campaign Poster going out to hundreds of local businesses!
Your friends can even help your chances of winning! One half of your final score will come from Facebook votes. So after you have entered, make sure you "Like" us on Facebook and then tell your friends! Find out more at facebook.com/yourunitedway
Use whatever media you want including: pen, crayon, paint, collage, photography, computer graphics and more!
Entry Deadline: March 25, 2013
Help Us Spread the Word! Download the flyer.
Download the Entry Form (Form must accompany each entry.)
Download Flyer/Rules/Entry Form as 1 file.
Rules (Download Rules as PDF)
2013 United Way Poster Contest - Contest Rules and Information
This year’s theme is “How United Way is Making a Difference in our Community.” United Way of Volusia-Flagler Counties advances the common good by giving people the opportunities for a better life. United Way encourages people to Give, Advocate and Volunteer in the areas of Education, Income and Health to help improve people’s lives and our community as a whole. Show us how you think United Way makes a difference in our community.
Each poster should contain at least 1 of the following:
“United Way” | “Live United” | Give. Advocate. Volunteer. (Either all three or one or more.)
To find out more about the work that UWVFC is doing in our community, go to unitedwayvfc.org
There are four (4) age categories for the poster contest. Each entry must be accompanied by an official entry form that is filled out completely.
The Categories are: Elementary School (K-5) | Middle School (6-8) | High School (9-12) | Adults (19+)
Entries are not limited to school aged children, but are open to all ages. Entries are limited to individuals only. Please no group or business entries.
Submissions need to be mailed or delivered to United Way of Volusia-Flagler (3747 W. International Speedway Blvd., Daytona Beach, FL 32124) by 5 p.m. on March 25, 2013. An entry form must accompany each poster.
- Contestant must be a resident of Volusia or Flagler County Florida.
- Participants must provide their age and school grade in order to be considered in the appropriate category.
- All submissions should be turned in by an adult.
- To submit a group of entries, a teacher or group leader must send a package of submissions with a cover letter, school/program name and a list with the children’s first and last names.
- For individual submissions, an entry form signed by a parent or legal guardian must accompany the submission if the individual is under 18.
- Contestants may use a variety of media, such as watercolor, pen and ink, photography, computer generated graphics, crayon, chalk, markers, etc. Three-dimensional posters will not be accepted.
- Posters must be no larger than 22” x 28” and no smaller than 11” x 14.”
- Each entry must be accompanied by the United Way Poster Contest Entry Form and signed by a parent or legal guardian if under 18. The form must be filled out completely and correctly.
- Contestant’s full name, age/grade and name of school should be on the back of the poster.
- Failure to comply with the rules could result in a disqualification of the poster.
- By participating, you consent that the poster becomes the property of United Way VFC and can be used in all UWVFC publications. All copyright and reproduction rights are transferred to United Way of Volusia-Flagler Counties, Inc.
- Official announcements of the winners will be made by United Way at the Volunteer of the Year Luncheon on April 25, 2013. The winners will also be posted online (unitedwayvfc.org) and on facebook (facebook.com/yourunitedway).
Posters in each category will be earn scores in 2 ways. Fifty percent of the total score will come from a panel of judges. The other fifty percent of the score will come from voting via UWVFC’s Facebook Page. Contestants are encouraged to tell their friends to like UWVFC on Facebook and vote for their favorite poster. The poster images will be posted no later than April 1, 2013 at www.facebook.com/yourunitedway
Posters will be judged based on creativity, originality, skill, visual quality and their ability to communicate the theme. Posters will also be judged based on their compliance with the criteria noted.
Each first place winner in each category will receive a prize package worth at least $250.
Complete prize details to be announced online at unitedwayvfc.org.
Questions: Please submit all questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Special thanks to our sponsors for supporting this poster contest and United Way!
Additional support and thanks to:
Palm Coast Observer
Ormond Beach Observer
Prize packages for each category include donated items from: